Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Easy Taco Soup ~ Yummy on a Snow Day

It's been such a busy day today in the sewing room and I must admit that cooking a big meal tonight did not sound fun.  We got lots of snow and when it's cold like this and my tummy is rumbling I love the idea of a nice hot steaming pot of soup.  Since I like to get meals done quickly on the weekdays, I decided to put together my own taco soup and even though I'm sure I didn't invent this simple concoction, I do claim so in my family since everyone loves it so much and here is the super easy recipe for you.  No fear.  It's fast, only 20 minutes to the dinner table and you'll probably have enough to eat for a few days.  Enjoy and let me know how you like to change it up or post your favorite soup recipe for me!

Deniece's Taco Soup
1 lb Hambuger Meat or Shredded Canned Chicken
1 Can Spaghetti Sauce
1 Can drained whole kernel corn
1 Can cream style corn
1 Package Taco Seasoning
1 Can Beans, any kind
2-3 cups of cooked rice
2 tablespoons of tomato paste or 1 can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of ground Cumin seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Ingredients


Brown Ground Beef and Drain off oil


After adding 8 cups of water, add all of the ingredients

I like to precook my rice in my rice steamer while the meat is cooking
In a large pot, brown ground beef (if using canned chicken just drain and set aside).  Drain excess oil off the meat.  Add 8 cups of water and all of the listed ingredients (including chicken if applicable).  Stir well until all of the ingredients are mixed well.  Bring to a boil then turn down the heat to medium and let cook, stiring frequently, for about 10 mintues.  Remove from heat and serve with shredded cheese or a dollop of sour cream on top.  I like to eat this with french bread, corn bread or tortilla chips.



 
Finished yummy soup.  (I forgot my beans but it still tastes great!)  don't tell anyone



No comments:

Post a Comment